With regards to the expansion of crypto adoption, Africa and Asia lead the world:
- A complete of $105.6 billion value of crypto property have been traded in Africa between July 2020 and June 2021, a development price of 1,200% year-on-year. P2P buying and selling dominates transaction volumes:
The principle drivers of this growth are the clear and unmet wants of those markets, together with:
Lack of economic infrastructure – Africa and Asia are probably the most unbanked continents. Virtually 70% of adults in nations like Vietnam and Morocco shouldn’t have a checking account:
On the similar time, the cellular penetration price in Africa is 44% and within the Asia-Pacific area, it’s 42%. The decentralized nature of crypto makes monetary infrastructure redundant, whereas individuals use their mobiles to make direct funds and commerce with different crypto pockets house owners.
Unstable currencies – Many Asian and African nations have seen vital forex depreciation within the final 5 years. Then again, throughout the identical interval, Bitcoin and Ether rose over 500% and a pair of,900% respectively. Many individuals have turned to crypto-assets to beat inflation, increase their incomes, and preserve the buying energy of their property.
Costly Remittances – Remittances from overseas are an vital a part of the economies of many Asian and African nations – constituting 10% of GDP within the Philippines and eight% in Egypt. Sub-Saharan Africa has the best remittance prices on the earth, at over 8%. This has led many to bypass the excessive charges and switch remittances immediately P2P through crypto wallets.
This phenomenal development has been accompanied by an equally highly effective development – the growth in cellular penetration and cellular app utilization charges:
- Asia now accounts for 64% of world cellular app downloads.
- The variety of African cellular subscribers will develop from 477 million in 2019 to 678 million in 2025 – a greater than 40% enhance, equal to an extra 201 million
- From H1 2020 to H1 2021, the variety of cellular app installs in Africa elevated by 41%.
On the prime of the cellular app pyramid are messaging apps:
With crypto adoption and cellular use booming, an modern startup is betting on the convergence of those two megatrends by harnessing the facility of Blockchain to supply an unprecedentedly safe and user-friendly messaging app: Secretum.
Secretum: Using The Convergence of the Cell & Crypto Megatrends
Secretum is a totally decentralized, encrypted, and safe messaging DApp (Decentralised App), constructed on the Solana Blockchain. It permits customers to each change messages and commerce crypto property as simply as sending an SMS. The benefits are vital:
- All messages are absolutely encrypted and saved on verified nodes within the Secretum community – which means hackers can’t entry them like in cloud-based messaging providers like WhatsApp.
- Essentially the most safe and nameless sign-up course of, which solely wants the consumer’s crypto pockets deal with – no extra dangers of personal information leaks or authorities interference, an particularly related hazard in lots of African and Asian nations.
- Staking and rewards with the native SER token for customers who message and supply nodes to broaden the Secretum community.
- A straightforward, intuitive, and purely P2P buying and selling interface to ship and obtain cryptocurrencies and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).
- Report low charges and virtually prompt trades, because of Solana’s capability for 50,000 transactions per second and a mean value per transaction of solely $0.00025.
The mixture of a superior messaging app by way of security with extremely versatile crypto buying and selling capabilities is the important thing to Secretum’s strategic imaginative and prescient: to change into the go-to messaging and crypto app for Asia and Africa.
Secretum: The Best Buying and selling & Messaging Resolution For Asia and Africa
As Secretum’s Blockchain-messaging capabilities revolutionize communications, its over-the-counter (OTC) P2P buying and selling capabilities carry distinctive advantages to crypto-asset house owners in Africa and Asia:
Excessive Liquidity – Merchants are capable of contact one another immediately and discover hidden liquidity in crypto markets, bettering execution instances and decreasing slippage.
NFT Buying and selling – Secretum lets NFT house owners and merchants contact one another through their pockets deal with alone – securely, immediately, and on the lowest charges available on the market. This could open a very new asset class for African and Asian crypto house owners to diversify their property and defend their wealth.
Excessive Consumer Friendliness – Asians and Africans are the world’s most assiduous customers of cellular cash. There are an estimated 243 million cellular cash accounts in Asia and an estimated $490 billion was exchanged by African cellular cash suppliers in 2020. Moreover, P2P is already the dominant type of crypto buying and selling. The market is due to this fact accustomed to utilizing P2P cellular options to change cash, commerce, and talk. Secretum faucets into this well-established market – solely with a technologically superior answer.
As cellular and crypto penetration continues to develop in Africa and Asia, Secretum will present a by no means seen earlier than crypto buying and selling and messaging answer – serving two markets which can be day after day rapidly merging right into a single one. By leveraging this answer, Secretum is positioning itself because the app of alternative for 3 billion individuals on the earth’s youngest and most dynamic markets.